THE WODA GROUP, INC. is seeking a Director of Operations for our corporate office located in Downtown Columbus, Ohio. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that all properties in their portfolio have the highest physical and economic occupancy, are operated profitably, are in compliance with all governmental agencies, and have the best curb appeal possible. Some travel is required.
Free parking downtown is provided.
We offer medical/dental/vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, company-paid life insurance, 401K with match, ESOP, company FitBits and more!!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Marketing, Operations, or Management is preferred.
- Experience at overseeing operational staff for a sizable rental housing portfolio.
- Experience working in affordable housing programs including LIHTC, USDA Rural Development, Section 8, and HOME.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager a plus.
- Oversee operational field staff
- Ensure Property Managers are using best practices to oversee each rental property. Ensure Property Managers are operating within those parameters and progressing as expected.
- Drive the highest potential physical and economic occupancies at all properties.
- Ensure the properties have the best curb appeal as possible.
- Oversee property lease ups to ensure the most units are leased at the fastest rate as possible with the highest economic occupancy (rent collection) as feasible. Ensure District Managers, District Maintenance Technicians, Area Managers and Regional Managers are visiting sites and inspecting as directed.
- Working with the Director of Finance, oversee the preparation of each property annual budget.
- Ensure the property is operating compliant with all affordable housing programs. Ensure that each property audit and investor/regulator site visit is scheduled, the staff is prepared for audit/site visit, and any follow up required is addressed promptly and professionally.
- Ensure site staff conduct themselves and appear professionally and represent the organization in the best manner possible.
- Working with third party attorneys, oversee any litigation related to threatened, pending or ongoing litigation related to events at the site level.
- Assist sites in getting files approved with third party file review consultants.
- Oversee all other issues and duties related to the field operations of the management division.
**The Woda Group does not hire tobacco users in this state