The Woda Group, Inc., a real estate development, construction and management company located in the Midwest, is seeking a Safety Specialist for our construction division.
This position is full-time. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401K with match, ESOP, company FitBit and more!!
This individual will provide support to the Superintendents, Project Managers and Team Leaders in an effort to enforce corporate safety and health policies.
- Assist in the development of the project safety program.
- Establish and conduct jobsite orientation for every new employee for the project and administer and record their participation in the orientation program and issue identification to those employees completing the orientation program.
- Attend all initial meetings with the Project Staff and Subcontractor representatives to clearly define their role within the confines of the Project Safety Program.
- Conduct and document pre-planning safety meetings with each subcontractor safety representatives and/or foremen to establish safety procedures prior to subcontractor’s activity on site.
- Establish and conduct regular (weekly) safety meetings with subcontractor representatives and issue minutes of meeting and interface with Project Staff and each Subcontractor Safety Representatives relating to safety regulations to ensure proper compliance.
- Ensure that Subcontractors are conducting the proper training requirements as per the OSHA standards. If necessary, facilitate training for site personnel for compliance with Federal and State standards.
- Ensure and maintain a log of each subcontractor’s toolbox safety meetings held with their employees.
- Review each Subcontractors Safety Program and ensure that it meets or exceeds the project Safety Program requirements.
- Ensure that each Subcontractor designates a Safety Representative that is properly trained in the OSHA standards and that person is considered by OSHA standards, competent for the Subcontractors scope of work and has the proper authority to correct safety issues and hazards relating to their safety compliance. Receive the names of their competent person(s) for their specific work in writing and file.
- Conduct regular (daily) jobsite and work area inspections. Conduct formal weekly jobsite inspections and complete the safety checklist noting safety violations and corrective actions.
- Record, notify and prepare written report of any violations or unsafe practices to Subcontractors for immediate correction actions.
- Stop at once any violation or unsafe practice.
- Assist Project Superintendent in establishing and implementing proper fire prevention, evacuation and fire control procedures.
- Investigate all incidents and generate proper reports.
- Establish and maintain all required job safety records.
- Conduct a monthly overview safety meeting.
- Assist the Claims Coordinator in the management of claims.
- Attend Project Staff Meetings to brief the staff on safety issues on the project and coming from the company and to keep informed of the progress of the job.
Please submit your resume for consideration!!