The Woda Group, Inc., a real estate management, development and construction company based in the Midwest, is seeking Project Engineers in the Columbus OH and Charlotte NC areas. This person is responsible for the flow of documents between the Project Manager and the subcontractors/design team and assisting the assigned Project Manager in general administrative duties at the home office for the construction company.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- All of the following job tasks are at the request and under the direction of the assigned Project Manager.
- Process subcontracts and related change orders to subcontracts.
- Per the PM’s direction prepare subcontract purchase orders for approval based on quantity take offs and/or request from superintendent.
- Per the PM’s direction prepare and review Submittals for approval and distribute based on project specifications.
- Per the PM’s direction Requests for Information/Architects’ Supplemental Instructions/Change Orders (RFI, ASI, CO) process.
- Input and maintain up to date RFI, ASI and CO logs for review by the President, VP/Senior Project Manager and Director of Field Operations.
- Input and maintain up to date Submittal logs for review by the President, VP/Senior Project Manager and Director of Construction.
- Update and distribute subcontract/PO status logs.
- Maintenance of subcontract files. Verify files are complete, procure documents missing, and assist Project Managers in getting those documents
- Perform take offs and material quantities for various products as applicable.
- As requested collect samples of materials from vendors from which management can select (e.g. siding & brick) products, colors, etc. for each project.
- Assemble LEED/Green/Earthcraft required documents binders.
- Assemble close out binders/as built drawings for various governmental agencies, investors, lenders, etc.
- Assist accounts payable clerk and PM with follow-up with subcontractor in processing monthly pay application.
- Research and evaluate payment requests for all unmatched invoices as provided by accounting.
- Distribute punch walk notices.
- Assist in updating Team Member schedule.
- Attend turnover meeting (from pre-construction to construction operations) for all projects to ensure operations understands all requirements of projects.
- Attend department meetings as required.
- Attend trainings as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Must possess a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
Must have 3-6 years of experience with project cost accounting, controls and/or engineering
Must understand and be able to interpret safety laws and company policies/standards
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other technical drawings and documents
If interested please submit an application.
*The Woda Group does not hire tobacco users (smoking, chew, etc.) in these states: GA, MD, MI, OH, PA