The Woda Group, Inc., a real estate management, development and construction company based in the Midwest, is seeking a Project Engineer to work in our Westerville, Ohio office. This person is responsible for the flow of documents between the Project Manager and the subcontractors/design team and assisting the assigned Project Manager in general administrative duties at the home office for the construction company.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- All of the following job tasks are at the request and under the direction of the assigned Project Manager.
- Process subcontracts and related change orders to subcontracts.
- Per the PM’s direction prepare subcontract purchase orders for approval based on quantity take offs and/or request from superintendent.
- Per the PM’s direction prepare and review Submittals for approval and distribute based on project specifications.
- Per the PM’s direction Requests for Information/Architects’ Supplemental Instructions/Change Orders (RFI, ASI, CO) process.
- Input and maintain up to date RFI, ASI and CO logs for review by the President, VP/Senior Project Manager and Director of Field Operations.
- Input and maintain up to date Submittal logs for review by the President, VP/Senior Project Manager and Director of Construction.
- Update and distribute subcontract/PO status logs.
- Maintenance of subcontract files. Verify files are complete, procure documents missing, and assist Project Managers in getting those documents
- Perform take offs and material quantities for various products as applicable.
- As requested collect samples of materials from vendors from which management can select (e.g. siding & brick) products, colors, etc. for each project.
- Assemble LEED/Green/Earthcraft required documents binders.
- Assemble close out binders/as built drawings for various governmental agencies, investors, lenders, etc.
- Assist accounts payable clerk and PM with follow-up with subcontractor in processing monthly pay application.
- Research and evaluate payment requests for all unmatched invoices as provided by accounting.
- Distribute punch walk notices.
- Assist in updating Team Member schedule.
- Attend turnover meeting (from pre-construction to construction operations) for all projects to ensure operations understands all requirements of projects.
- Attend department meetings as required.
- Attend trainings as required.
Skills and Abilities:
Must possess a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
Must have 3-6 years of experience with project cost accounting, controls and/or engineering
Must understand and be able to interpret safety laws and company policies/standards
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other technical drawings and documents
If interested please submit an application.
*The Woda Group does not hire tobacco users (smoking, chew, etc.) in these states: GA, MD, MI, OH, PA